Part Number: DB-480
With the recent popularity of front loader laundry appliances, the addition of a pedestal or stand to increase the height has created perhaps an unknown for the builder in regards to where the Dryerbox will be installed.
The motivation created a 65% larger, more versatile receptacle. The new model 480 Dryerbox can accommodate dryers that are on a pedestal or not and… can be mounted in any direction resulting in a universal receptacle (one size fits all theory).
Wide enough to fit comfortably in 16 inch on center stud spacing and 4 1/4 inches deep to fit in 2 by 4 walls that have been firred out with one 1x2.
Previously, in order to service a downward exhaust direction, the “down” box was necessary. The new 480 accommodates both mounting directions.
Installs in 2X6 (or 2X4 walls with furring strip) for venting up or down with a larger receiving area to accommodate pedestal and stand-alone dryers.
Model 480 Dryerbox® - 22 Ga. deep drawn recessed dryer vent box with gas port measures 4 1/4 inches deep from nailing flange.
- 22 gauge aluminized steel weighing 7.14 pounds each
- Top port measures 4 1/8" with very slight oval shape
- Distance from nailing flange to rear of box is 4 1/4"
- Overall measurements: 23.5" h x 17 3/8" w x 5 1/8" deep
- Inside measures 14" wide x 20 1/2" tall
- Made in the USA
- Price is for a quantity of one
Link to Specification Sheet (PDF)